Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Early Riser

Mummy has been getting frustrated with me this week. On Sunday I woke at 5:30am, on Monday I woke at 5:30am so on Tuesday evening we went for a drive to Festival City to buy me another high chair in Ikea,  with the intention of keeping me awake longer. I tend not to fall asleep as easily as most of my friends in the car, Mummy says it is because I am nosey and like to look at everything out of the window- it is so much easier to see things in my new big girl car seat! On Wednesday morning, I woke at 6:15am which Mummy thought was a bit better but still not good and then today, I decided that I was ready to get up at 5:30am again, despite my parents efforts to keep me asleep longer. Mummy thinks it is the light as we don't have blinds or curtains... Guess what Daddies job is going to be this weekend!

Last night, Daddy had to go to Saudi Arabia again. He left our house in the early hours as his plane was leaving at 2am. He will be back again tonight, but not until 1am which is way past my bedtime. So I haven't seen him all day and I miss him. So does my Mummy but it means I get even more attention from her when he isn't here :)

We have had a lovely couple of days. Yesterday Mummy and I went for a coffee at our favourite cafe and I played peekaboo with a boy who reminded me of my funny cousin Jake. The boy made me laugh so much that I got hiccups and was sick on the floor! I missed my dress though which was good as it was a present from my Aunty C and I love it- it's very SJP as Mummy says!

It was not as hot as it has been yesterday, so Mummy arranged for me to go swimming with my friend Sima. We both love the water and had great fun kicking and splashing around. Sima's mummy took a paddling pool for us to play in when we had finished swimming. It was very small and we were a bit squashed (well actually I was ok as I just shoved Sima aside a bit, she is smaller than me, I needed the extra space).
Move up Sima...

Today was Mummies turn to host Wednesday Playdate with my friends. Cora, Amelie and Sima all came to play at 10:30am and stayed for lunch. My newest friend, Iskander also came a little bit later, but he didn't stay for too long as we were all getting tired and grumpy! I had a great time playing. I liked to follow Cora around and take things off Mummies shelves and tables! She wasn't too pleased about it and said she wishes she had not encouraged me to crawl- hahahahaha!! I'm doing really well with crawling now and have discovered that I am strong enough to pull myself up on to furniture, toys, boxes, my pushchair, well, anything really!
Waiting for my friends!

After my friends had gone home and I had a nap, Mummy and I went for a little walk around the plaza where we live. It was cooler again today (a mere 34 degrees) but we are in for another hot spell at the weekend!I showed Mummy a new trick when we got back to the apartment. I walked with the walker that my Nanny and Grandad White bought for me, for the first time by myself. It was very scary for me and Mummy as it goes fast on the tiles. I also crashed into the sofa as I had no time to turn! I'm not sure I'm going to try that again for a while!
Out the way sofa!

Yesterday I also discovered that I could walk along the sofa if I held on tight! I did however, get stuck when I moved one leg so far away from the other that I almost fell, so I just ended up clinging on to the sofa until Mummy rescued me! I'm keeping at it though. I will get there very soon and then Mummy and Daddy can watch out!!!!
This is great, soon I can get up to even more mischief 

A week today is my Mummies birthday- I overheard her talking to my friends' mummies about a 'girly night out' next week! I had better warn Daddy! Not only does he have to remember to buy her cards from us, but he is also going to be home alone with me! That'll be fun!!

Lots of love

Ella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment