Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First few days in Dubai

Last Thursday, mummy and I flew on a very big plane to Dubai so that we can live with daddy again. I don't remember much of the flight as I fell asleep 10 minutes after take off and mummy didn't wake me up until half an hour before we landed! Daddy met us Friday morning at the airport. I was very confused by the sun being up so early in the morning so had a nap in the car whilst daddy drove around the city to show mummy our new home. 


I woke up when we arrived at our new home. There were lots of unpacked boxes- typical daddy- so mummy would be kept busy making the apartment look like home for a few days! It is very warm over here so the entire apartment is tiled, they hurt my head when fall over so I am remembering to lift my head up now before I hit the floor! I'm thinking I should start to try and walk soon, but these tiles worry me slightly...


Daddy took us for some lunch at the Ibn Battuta mall and we also some food shopping in a big Geant. The food is very similar to being back in the UK, but I heard mummy complaining how expensive everything was! Mummy and I were very tired from our journey so went back to the apartment for a quick nap!


The following day, we went to the beach- it was my first time! The waves were loud and scared me to start with, but daddy soon had me splashing around in the water. It was so much fun and very tiring, so I had to go back for another sleep...




After I had slept, daddy took us for a walk around our neighbourhood so we could get familiar with it. There are lots of shops and restaurants here so we have plenty to do! Mummy and I were sad that daddy had to go back to work on Sunday (they have funny weekends here!) and we missed him lots. So mummy took me to the pool for a swim and because I love it so much, we go every morning after we have had our coffee in Starbucks on The Walk. 


Today mummy took me to our first baby group, but when we arrived, it had been cancelled! We went to the park instead and I played in the sandpit with a baby who's name I can't remember. He liked eating the sand too.


I think I am going to like it here!


Lots of love and kisses


Ella Bella xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment