Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nanny & Grandad's Visit

I went to the airport with Daddy very early on Friday morning to meet Nanny and Grandad when they landed. I was very excited to see them both and couldn't wait to get them back to the apartment to show them around my new home! They looked very tired but had a shower and some breakfast and we went to the Dubai Mall so that we could go to the aquarium. I had never been to one before but loved it! There were big tanks of water filled with all sorts of funny and scary looking fish! It was very exciting. Grandad held me most of the way around so that I could see properly, but I was a bit frustrated that he wouldn't let me swim in the tanks! We all had a great time looking at fish, reptiles and creepy crawlies! Daddy took lots of photos of our fun morning.





After we had looked around the aquarium, Nanny and Grandad looked very tired so we took them to their hotel to have a sleep before we went for dinner. I also had a nap, it was lovely! We went to Nanny & Grandads hotel for a drink by the pool before we went out to dinner and Nanny promised we could go to the pool on Monday as there was a little baby pool for me! I couldn't wait!

Mummy & me dressed up ready to go out!

We decided to go and see the Burj Khalifa and watch the magic music fountains whilst eating dinner. It was great fun, but I was very tired as it was way past my bedtime! I loved the fountain display, it was very pretty- we saw it 3 times! The Burj Khalifa is the worlds tallest building and it was very BIG! It was lit up like a Christmas tree too! I really enjoyed our first night out.



The Burj Khalifa!


On Saturday morning, Nanny & Grandad flew to Qatar to see their friends Ron &  Janis. Mummy, Daddy and me spent the day shopping (again!) and playing in a new pool that we found here! It is heated and is like a warm bath! I can stay in there for longer than the cold pools so will use it more often now! On Monday morning, I went to playgroup with my friends Cora and Amelie, but couldn't wait to get back so that I could go and play in the pool at Nanny & Grandad's hotel! It was the coldest pool I have ever been in, but we still had lots and lots of fun there! When Daddy came home from work, we went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant close to our home. I had a great time as I got to stay up late again!



On Tuesday, Mummy took Nanny and me to the Mall of the Emirates. Mummy needs a new dress for Gary & Hayley's wedding, but didn't find many she liked- I think she is a fussy pants really! We didn't buy anything- despite spending 3 hours there! We ended up back at the pool because it was really hot! We didn't see Grandad on Tuesday as he had to work and go for dinner with his colleagues, but I went to see him at his pool one last time on Wednesday before they had to go home.

We have had a lovely time with my Nanny & Grandad here, I can't wait for our other family and friends to come and stay so that we can show them around- especially my naughty cousins, they would love my pool too! Thank you for coming to stay with me Nanny & Grandad! It was so much fun.

I can't wait to see you all in July either- Mummy is currently planning my birthday party so I am really looking forward to it!

Lots of love

Ella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment