Sunday, May 29, 2011

Powerless...

On Thursday whilst Mummy and I were at messy play, Daddy text us to say that the power had gone out in our building. At first we were not too worried as we have had power cuts here before and usually they flick a switch and voila! Mummy and I got back from messy play at 5pm and the power had been gone for over an hour so Daddy had to call our maintenance people to see what was going on. They told us that it should be back on that evening at some point and were working fast to fix the problem. That evening arrived and still no power had come on so we went out to Bobs Diner for our dinner- I loved it there! I got to eat mummies dinner and be fussed over by the waiting staff :)
After dinner, we went back to the apartment to find it was still in complete darkness, so Mummy had to go out and get some candles! I went to bed and Mummy told me that she and Daddy spent the evening trying to choose the photos for our wedding album but the laptop battery died before they could finish! So it was an early night for all of us! The power was still off the following day and once again Daddy phoned to find out what was going on. We were told it would be back on that afternoon. So we decided to pass the day by going swimming (twice!!) and going to the mall for Mummy to get new clothes (again!) Whilst we were at the mall, Daddy made Mummy get her eyes tested! She had to wear these very funny glasses to walk around the shop in for 10 minutes and so Daddy and I sneaked a photo of her! I'll upload it when she isn't looking- hehehehe! Mummy had to choose some new glasses as her eyes are getting old- she will be 28 years on Wednesday and if you ask me, that's old- and we were told we would be able to collect them the following day (Noooo! I hate shopping!)

Back at the apartment, Mummy and Daddy made me have a nap before we had to go to Daddies office party. It was a country and western theme but we didn't dress up for it as Mummy and I like to wear pretty dresses! During my nap the power came back on so Mummy was pleased that she could use her hair tools to get ready and have the AC on again! We left for the party at 5pm and had such a great time. I got to play on a big bouncy castle with another baby called Sophie. She is older than me and found it easy to crawl in there but I kept rolling around as her big brother was jumping up and down! I had great fun! I also had a balloon sword made by a lady dressed as a clown! I liked hitting things with it and biting it! We had lots of yummy food before they put the music on and we started dancing! Mummy and I are great dancers together and the best part was that I got to stay out until 9pm!
This is my balloon sword! 
Wearing Daddies cowboy hat! 
I was shattered after all that playing and dancing!
We arrived back at the apartment to find the power was out again! Daddy phoned to find out what was going on and was told that water had seeped into the electricity on our floor which had happened when the maintenance staff cleaned out the water tanks last week. It was affecting 8 floors and was taking longer than anticipated to dry out. Every time it was switched on, the power tripped again! They couldn't tell us how long it would take so we faced another night without lights and an early night! The following morning, we still had no power so Daddy took us to Paul's for breakfast- we love the breakfasts there! We decided to go for a drive to the Palm Jemeirah before we had to go back to the mall. It was very hot and the apartment was no coller without the AC! On our way to the car, daddy got a phone call from the security people in our building. They were going to give us another apartment until the problem was fixed and the keys were waiting at reception for us. We went to see our temporary home and were very impressed with how big and well equipped it is! I had great fun playing in the windows as there are curtains I can pull!! The furniture is also really low, it's great for climbing!
We now have no idea how long we are going to be in this new apartment for. The power is still off and nobody can say how long it will take to dry out! We don't mind too much as we have somewhere to stay and only have to pop upstairs to our apartment if we need anything! I'm happy wherever we are, as long as Mummy and Daddy are there with me!

Lots of love

Ella xx



No comments:

Post a Comment