Thursday, June 9, 2011

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

So everyday is now hitting 48 degrees which is hot, but would be fine for us to still go outside if it wasn't for the high humidity and the hot wind that accompanies it! We are having to find much more indoor activities to keep us busy, Mummy says I am an easy going baby though so it's not too hard. I'll happily play indoors with my toys whilst watching my DVDs anyway. I have been poorly this week. I had a high temperature which had my Mummy and Daddy worried and stopped us all from getting much sleep. It started on Tuesday night, I didn't feel good at all. I just wanted cuddles with Mummy but every time we tried to sleep, I just felt worse and it made me very upset. Calpol helped a little bit, but I had very broken sleep, so Mummy had to keep coming to my room and comforting me. Daddy had to be up very early for work, so he was allowed to stay in bed- lucky Daddy!

We had planned to go to soft play on the Wednesday, and Mummy decided that we should still go as I woke up looking a bit better and my temperature had dropped. I was looking forward to it until we got in the taxi and I started to feel ill again. I didn't play for long at soft play, I much preferred Mummy cuddling me, so we went off for a walk (I think Mummy was trying to get me to sleep!) and met our friends later for lunch. I didn't eat very much, not like me I know, but I just wanted to sleep at that point. When we got home, I slept for 3 hours and woke up to find Daddy had come home too. I also felt much better, my temperature had dropped again and I managed to eat an apple and a banana. I was sad not to have enjoyed soft play as much this week. I'm going back next week so can make up for it!
The Ball Pit- My Favourite Place!

I have woken up today feeling so much better but Mummy has insisted on a day inside just to be sure. My temperature is still higher than normal but not as high as yesterday! We usually go to messy play on a Thursday but Mummy said I can do a home made messy play instead, I lovel it when we do that! 

This week, Mummy has been showing me photos on my Nannies Facebook page- some of them are very funny! Most were taken before I was born and everyone looks different, especially my cousins Ollie and Jake! The photos made me laugh! Mummy has been trying to get me to say more words after being very excited that I said bath last week. She was showing me a photo of my Nanny and I said 'Nana' which made her very excited again! It's not that clever, I just preferred Nana to Nanny! So now I can say 4 (what Mummy and Daddy call real) words. Being able to say things is great as I get such a funny reaction from my parents. They dance around the living room with me and throw me in the air, it's great fun!
This is the photo I saw of my 'Nana'. Look at all the wine she and Daddy are drinking!

Anyway, time to go and have breakfast! I hope everyone back home is well and having as much fun as I am!

Lots of love

Ella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment