Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bon Voyage Auntie Charlotte!

So my Auntie C left yesterday. We all got up at 1am to take her to the airport- very exciting being up at that time! It was sad to say goodbye and we are going to really miss her lots but we know she is going to have an amazing time travelling during the next 12 months! Mummy wouldn't let me go with her though, she says I can go travelling when I am bigger!

We have had a lovely few days. After my birthday party on Tuesday, we went to have dinner at the Dubai Mall where we were able to watch the fountain show below the Burj Khalifa. My Auntie took lots of photos of it and I danced a little bit to the music! Mummy said that considering I had been hyper and over excited all day with the birthday party, I was very well behaved at dinner. I fell fast asleep on the way home though!
On Wednesday we had planned to go on  boat trip around Dubai at 11am but when we arrived, the trip had been cancelled as there were not enough passengers! I got to play in some fountains though with Charlotte which was very funny! We were very disappointed so went shopping! Mummy bought a new dress which I think is lovely! Auntie C bought me shorts and a t-shirt which I love and look super cute in (even if I say so myself!) Mummy also bought my party outfit ready for my next party and I know I'll look gorgeous in it too! I'm not so keen on the headband she bought though, it tickles my head! We went for a swim when we came back home but I kept bumping my head when I played on the steps as I was really tired after being out all day. It made me grumpy!
On our last day together we went to the beach first thing in the morning and Auntie C was shocked at how warm the water is here. Mummy and I are collecting shells and added some to our collection- I discovered that they do not taste good at all! After we had showered and dressed we decided to visit the Atlantis Hotel on Jumeirah Palm Island. It is a very grand 7 star hotel here. It was very expensive! We had considered going to Aquaventure (a water park) but it was going to cost almost £100 and we would only have been able to use the baby pool! We went into the aquarium there though which was even better than the one in the Dubai Mall that I took Nanny & Grandad to in May. I was tired again though going around and got a bit grumpy so we didn't stay in there for long. We went on the monorail that runs along the palm before we left which was very exciting! We also spent an hour in our pool before dinner which was lots of fun!
Getting Grumpy at the Aquarium! 
Driving the monorail!
Next time I see my Auntie, Mummy says I'll be walking and talking and answering back! That's some time away yet. Daddy said we might be able to visit Australia next year and see her for a bit which will be very exciting. I'd also be able to visit Auntie Caroline! Goodbyes are very sad and so last night we went to my friend Lily's house for pizza and wine (I didn't have any wine though as I'm too little!) Daddy had to fly to Suadi Arabia at midnight for a meeting today! He'll be back tonight but then flies to South Africa on Sunday night! Poor Daddy is going to be very tired when we get back to Lichfield next week. 

Mummy and I are off to soft play today so I have to go for a nap now to stop me getting grumpy later! Looking forward to seeing you all very very soon.

Lots of love

Ella xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment