Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Let's Fly, Let's Fly Away!

Tomorrow we fly home to Lichfield! It has come around so fast and I'm really excited to be seeing my family and friends again. This week has been the worst we have encountered with the weather. It has been really really hot but worst is the high humidity. We only have to walk outside and our skin is wet, our hair sticks to us and it is generally very unpleasant! I heard Mummy say that the BBC were forecasting light rain in Lichfield on Thursday, I can't remember what rain is like but she told me we will go and splash in the puddles! I can't wait, I love splashing! Mummy still hasn't finished packing. I've really tried to help her but she just keeps saying to leave it! Well, she only has today to finish so I hope she remembers everything we need!

Yesterday we saw some of our friends before we leave Dubai. We went to Peekaboo to play and I climbed the big slide again. Mummy kept taking me off it though as she said the other children there were much too big and I would get hurt- I'm tough, I can stand up for myself. A boy snatched some toys off me and I showed him who is boss! He'll think twice before he does it again! I played at Peekaboo with Dhani and our new friend Serene who is 5 months old but seems much older. She keeps smiling at us and trying to talk, it's very funny! We met with some more friends at Starbucks in Borders afterwards and played with books which was great fun! Mummy and I went for lunch, she had Mcdonalds and I had a chicken salad- how is that fair?! I stole 2 of her chips though haha! She warned me that we had more shopping to do too, boo!!!
It was very strange watching Mummy pick up clothes for me ready to come home. She tried some jeans on me which I love but felt really hot in! Socks! I haven't worn socks for a very long time and don't like them on my feet! I chose a grey jumper in H&M because it was really soft, and a navy cardigan. I think Mummy is packing for winter! She is worried though that I will get cold as she thinks I have adapted to the heat here really well. Mummy is stuck for clothes now though, she doesn't have much to keep her warm here! We think she left coats at Nanny & Grandads though, phew!

This morning, Daddy came home from South Africa at 6am and there was a surprise for me again! My birthday presents were all piled up waiting for me!
I had the trike I picked out yay! I love it and it plays annoying music! I've had a ride around the apartment on it already this morning but Mummy is taking me out on it later! I wish I could take it to Nanny and Grandads with me! I was overwhelmed by all the presents so Mummy and Daddy did most of the unwrapping whilst I played with the paper. I was also very tired from waking up at 5am! I have had so many gifts this year! Off Mummy and Daddy I had a ball pit, tunnel (I love tunnels, especially dark ones!), a trike, megablocks, a mega truck and matching tour van, a train set which I find funny, a scary yappy dog that jumps up at me (it isnt real though), clothes and books, including one of Mummies favourites, Chicken Licken- she will read it to me later! Mummy as always took lots of photos and videos!
My Trike!!
Daddy enjoyed playing with the trains but I was unsure to begin with!
I got over it! Trains are cool!
Cute but Scary Yappy Dog!!
I started to fill the tunnel with my bricks!
My 'BoyToys'!
I have had even more presents from friends! Lily and her Mummy bought me the bus which also goes with my truck and van- Mummy calls them my boy toys! She thinks it is funny that I always go for toys that boys would more often play with! They are often just so much more fun! My friends Lila and Dhani gave me a cake (it's not one to eat!) and it has candles you can pretend to blow out and a knife to cut it with. I got told off for stabbing Daddy with the knife... I love it but I wish it were a real cake! I had a lovely book from Iskander which Mummy won't let me touch, she has to read it to me! Clothes and a Princess sign for my bedroom from Rosie, more clothes from Sima and one of my favourite toys has been the bath toys I had from Cora. I fill them up with water and throw it over the side of the bath!! Mummy doesn't find it quite as funny as I do! To all of you, thank you so much for my lovely gifts! I am so lucky to have friends like you here! My Nanny and Grandad have also bought me a rocking horse which I love so much! I'm going to miss my toys when we are home, I'll have to go to Auntie Becci's and play with the boys!

So today will be spent packing! I've also told Mummy I want to go to the pool one more time this morning though! I like having breakfast there in the sunshine! Nanny said she will blow up a paddling pool at her house and I can eat my breakfast on the verander next to it! She is so silly but it sounds like good fun to me! I will see most of you tomorrow, Friday and Saturday! I really cannot wait and I have missed my baby friends so much! Lets hope the flight home isn't too traumatic fot us!

Lots of love

Tinkerbella xx


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your day Ella - I particularly like the look of the trike and the tunnel too!!! Hope you Mummy doesnt get too stressed with the packing and the flight home. Give her lots of cuddles - that will make her feel better I am sure! See you when you're back!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete