Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekends are for Shopping...

We shopped, shopped and shopped last weekend! That wasn't what I was planning to do. I wanted to go swimming and go to soft play but no, I get dragged around the shops! Although, I will admit, the shopping was mostly for me! I love getting new things, especially toys! My nanny and grandad wanted to buy me something special for my birthday and Mummy had told them how much I loved playing on my friend Cora's rocking horse. Today I have one! It is red and so much fun! Daddy wanted to hide it away until just before my birthday but I found it and so I have been allowed to have it! It's great fun, Mummy sings a song about horses and I rock really fast on it! Everyone should have a rocking horse. Mummy also bought me another big bag of balls for my ball pit. It's even more fun now! The ball pit is my favourite place to sit. I watch TV in it, I drink my milk and juice in it, I would even sleep in it (I did once as I was so tired but I woke up in my cot) if I was allowed!

On Sunday I went to Peekaboo with my friend Lily and her new friend Martin. Martin moved here a month ago from LA in America- I have never been there. There is a great big slide at Peekaboo which I scurried off to find and Mummy wasn't fast enough behind me so I ended up rolling down it very fast! I was a bit scared but after the initial shock I found it quite funny and wanted to go again. Mummy was terrified that I was hurt but tough old me was just fine. Luckily it is a soft padded slide so I was able to land without a bump. I also gave climbing up it a go. This slide is about 9 feet long so it is very high up. I tried climbing for 10 minutes but just kept falling down it. Then Lily came and went up it so I followed behind her without any help. Mummy was scared again but Lily's mummy was at the top to help me if I needed her to and Lily's mummies friend Sarah was at the bottom to catch me. I'm great at climbing now, I just tried to climb over the top of my cot but silly Mummy grabbed me before I could get both legs over. Always spoiling my fun! Peekaboo is so much fun, we are going next week as we were given a free hour due to smoke coming in from the air conditioning unit and we were all evacuated! It was very exciting!
Helping my friend Lily cook!
Pretty Lily!
Anything Lily can do... 
I can do to!
We met my friend Eleanor for lunch and she had brought her little friend Eric too- he is just 3 months old so very teeny! I like Eleanor, she is so small and funny to watch as she can't move much yet. I'll show her how to crawl soon though! Tomorrow she is flying back to Oxford so we won't see her until September and will really miss her and her mummy! It's going to be sad coming home next week as we have made some lovely friends here. Some are or have gone home for a few months too but not all of them. I'm really looking forward to seeing my family and friends at home too though, I'm expecting to get very spoiled! Only 10 days to go!

This morning we woke up early and went to get my Auntie Charlotte from the airport. She had a long flight overnight and didn't get any sleep. She had a cup of tea and a shower and then went to bed this morning! I decided I should sleep as well. Later I will be taking her out to show her where we live and buy ingredients to make my birthday cake for my party tomorrow! I can't wait, I have such an exciting week planned out!
Auntie C is here!!!!
Anyway, I must go, Mummy is making me a snack! I hope all of you had a lovely weekend. Counting down the days until we see most of you back in the UK!!

Lots of love

Ella xx

PS- Forgot to say, those of you who left me a lovely message last week- Sima, Oscar, Charlotte and Charlie (and your mummies of course) are all in my good books again! The rest of you are not!! (Love you still though)

2 comments:

  1. hi ella bella, i cant believe you dont like shopping sounds like fun to me! at least u got some lovely things, ur rocking horse sounds fab. you have made lots of new friends which is lovely. I have been to LA but only for one night Im sure you will like to visit one day when your older. Hav a fab time with aunty charlotte, i like ur pic. im glad you love your ballpit so much I cant get oscar to sit still for one minute! speak soon. dont try any more dangerous acrobatics! Luv Clare & Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ella!!!! Wow!! Happy 1st Birthday!!!! You're just over 5 months older than me! I can't wait for my first birthday if I get lots of presents too!!

    I love my ball pit too!!!!! I love all the different colours and agree, the more balls the better!! Now that I can sit up by myself I play in it alot and really like playing hide and seek in there with some of my other toys! Its surprising what you can find!

    Thank you for the invite to your english birthday party by the way! I love parties but Mummy said we have some of her birthday celebrations that day too :( Im looking forward to seeing you another day though and we can play whilst my mummy and your mummy chatter xxx

    ReplyDelete