Monday, August 8, 2011

Birthday Fun!

I have been back in the UK now for 11 days and we have been so busy! We arrived on the Thursday and I had a very sore mouth as my 10th tooth was pushing through. It made me very grumpy and tired which was not helped by the time difference! I was very good on the plane and had my own seat to play in. I was glad to get off though as I like being able to crawl around and I couldn't do that on the plane! My Auntie Becci, Uncle Matthew and cousins all came over for dinner on the Thursday evening and we had fish and chips as Mummy has really missed them! I didn't get any (again!) so still don't know if I will like them. My actual 1st birthday was on the Friday. I woke up very early and was still in pain but enjoyed opening my presents. I had a doll and pushchair, a train, a Cath Kidston bag, clothes and lots more from my family! It was fun opening lots of gifts! I was really excited when my BFF Aoife and her mummy turned up in the morning too, I've missed them so so much! We were happily chasing each other around and fighting over toys. It was like we had never been apart.
I had a birthday tea party on the Friday with my family and Daddy chose a Tinkerbell cake for me which was no where near as tasty as the chocolate one I had the week before! I still ate it of course! We had to have an early night on Friday as we had a big party for Violet and I on Saturday and we were going to see all of Daddies family and our friends.

My Nanny, Grandad, Aunties and Uncles all arrived on Saturday morning and I had even more presents to open! Mummy decided to walk up to the venue as she wanted me to have a nap before I got too busy playing with my friends. I slept from 1 until 2:15pm so missed a good hour of the party but I didn't mind, there was still plenty of play time left! I woke up to see Auntie Sarah and AUntie Sian had driven up from Oxford to play with me and Uncle Rich was there too! We ate some party food first, my favourite thing to do and then I went off to explore who had come to celebrate and see what fun toys there were to play with. I had lots of fun and it was great to see everyone but it was very tiring.
After everyone had sung Happy Birthday again to me and Violet (I get so embarrassed!), our friends started to go home. My family and some of our friends had decided to go out to dinner after the party as we all had so much to chat about after 3 months apart. I slept through dinner but made sure I woke up in time to play with the animals and on the swings and slide at the pub!
We have spent the rest of the week meeting up with friends and Mummy and Daddy went to Gary & Hayley's wedding on Thursday so I spent 3 days with Nanny and Grandad (they spoiled me rotten!). On Sunday we went to Twycross Zoo which was lovely but the rain started so we had to come home! Nanny made a roast dinner for us and Auntie Becci came over with my Uncle Matthew and cousins to see Daddy before he left.
This morning Daddy had to fly back to Dubai which has left Mummy and I very sad as we will not see him for almost 4 weeks. Mummy and I don't like saying goodbyes anymore. We have lots and lots of plans to keep us busy though so we won't have to miss Daddy too much! I have had the best first birthday fortnight! I'm still getting presents- this morning a parcel arrived from Auntie Caz and Uncle Mitch! I wish it was my birthday everyday!

I need to go and nap now before I meet my friend Jacob and Baby Boogie this afternoon!

Lots of love

Ella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment