Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tourists in Dubai

What a weekend! Mummy and I are shattered, we have done so much! Rich arrived Thursday afternoon in time for the beginning of our weekend. Daddy came home from work early and we went to a nearby hotel for drinks whilst the sunset. I had a great time eating snacks, drinking milk and running off so Mummy and Daddy would chase me! We left shortly after the sun had set and picked up chinese food to eat back at our apartment. By 9pm, Richard was ready to head back to his hotel so we guessed the jet lag had kicked in! he came to us after visiting more of Mummies friends in Australia so he was on Sydney time and they are 7 hours ahead of us!

The following day we decided to do a Friday Brunch at the Amwaj Rotana. Dubai brunches are great, we eat and drink as much as we want or can for a set price. We were all stuffed by 3:30pm so headed back to ours for a cup of tea and watched tele until it was time for us to go to bed. Rich had to go to Sharjah the following day to do an exam so an early night was in order!

Whilst Richard was in Sharjah, we did our usual weekly food shopping trip. I hate it, it is so so boring! I like to be able to walk around the shops but Mummy and Daddy didn't let me as it was too busy and they complained that I don't listen to them- pah! We picked Rich up from his hotel at 4pm and decided to go to the fruit and veg market to see if we could get a pumpkin that didn't cost 90 dirhams (that's about £15). We got stuck in traffic on the way as two lorries had an accident just ahead of us. After sitting there for a while, we were directed back on to the motorway (Daddy had to go the wrong way along the motorway which was scary and would never happen in the UK!) and we gave up on our trip to the market so I was pumpkinless for my Halloween party! Mummy made dinner for us all when we got home instead and they all stayed up much later than me.

We spent Sunday being tourists in Dubai. Daddy had to go to work which was a shame. We started at the Atlantis and showed Rich the hotel. He agreed with Mummy that it is like something you would find in Las Vegas (tacky). We took him on a trip on the monorail that runs the length of the palm. I love the monorail and shouted 'wee' and 'choo choo' which made people laugh! Rich took some great photographs of the palm and the view across the sea too. We went to the Mall of Emirates after that and saw Ski Dubai. It looks like lots of fun in there, I hope I'll get to go when I am older. We had lunch at my favourite place in the mall and decided to head over to the Dubai Mall on the metro. I was pretty tired by the time we got to the mall and decided to have a nap. Mummy and Rich went to look at the Burj Khalifa, watched the Fountains, wandered around Souk al Bahar and the Gold Souk and then started the big trek around the mall.

When I woke up we decided to go to the Dubai Aquarium. I love it so much. I got to show Rich the scary sharks and giant sting rays. We also went to the creepy crawly part of the aquarium which I don't like as much! We went around almost all of the rest of the Dubai Mall after that. Mummy found a pumpkin for me for 19 dirhams (£3) in Lafayette Food Mall which made us both very happy! We had dinner at Carluccios by the fountains but they were not working that evening- we saw a man on his row boat doing something to them- which was a shame as they look so much better at night. After a very busy day we headed back to my home and started getting the house ready for the Halloween party! I was very excited and didn't go to bed until 9pm! Mummy stayed up later to start the party food too!

Monday morning, Mummy, Richard and I went to the beach. I played in the sand and sea and destroyed any sandcastles Rich built for me! It was a lot of fun! We went back home and finished making the party food. I had a nap, Rich carved the pumpkin and Mummy decorated the cake. It was sad that I woke up and Richard had left for the airport. I liked having him around, he was great fun to play with! I hope he'll come again soon!

My Halloween party was lots of fun. Some of my friends couldn't make it which was a shame but there were still a lot of people in the apartment. We made a great mess and I ate a lot of food (mostly sugary food much to Mummies delight!). It finished at 5:30pm when my friend Eleanor and her mummy left. Daddy got home and helped Mummy by bathing me and playing with me so she could clean up before bedtime. I was so overwhelmed and over stimulated that I was easily upset that evening. Daddy put me to bed at 7pm and I fell straight to sleep. I don't think they appreciated me waking up at 5am this morning though!

Today I had my Mini Miracles class which I really enjoyed. We sang songs and did funny dances. I was given some spaghetti and paint to play with but felt that it was such a waste to put paint on spaghetti. Food is for eating... We played for half an hour in Favourite Things and then Mummy saw I was getting tired so she went to the shops to buy winter clothes ready for when we come home in 4 weeks time. I woke up in time to have lunch at the mall and Daddy came to meet us there. It was great having my Daddy home early today! We have played together lots and he got to do my bath time again!


I hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed Halloween. It looks like you all had lots of fun from your photos on Facebook! I wish I could have celebrated with all of you! I'm looking forward to coming back next month and even more exciting is my Nanny and Grandad are coming to visit us in 2 weeks time! I can't wait! Well bed time now, it's getting very late.

Good night everyone!

Ella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment