Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Very Happy 2012 Everyone!

A little belated, but Happy New Year to all of my blog followers. I really hope that this year is a fantastic one for everybody. We are hoping it will at least be as good as 2011 for our family! We had so many happy events and fun times. Mummy & Daddy got married (I got to be a very pretty Flower Baby), we moved to the land of sun and sand, made lots of wonderful new friends and have had so many exciting adventures along the way! 2012 has a lot to live up to!

Our Christmas was a lovely one even though we were away from our family. It was made even better by the arrival of my cousin Rose and her mummy and daddy. We collected them from the airport on Tuesday last week (Auntie Lisa really had packed a lot of stuff!) and took them to their hotel in Al Barsha. It was a nice hotel but the service has been very miss for them. That tends to be an issue in Dubai anyway and luckily it hasn't caused too many issues! On Wednesday we decided to have a quiet day and had lunch at Pauls on JBR and a wander around the Marina so Uncle Chris and Auntie Lisa could see where we live. We had dinner at home, Mummy ordered take away, lazy, before Daddy took them all back to the hotel.

I was too busy eating to smile...

We showed them the Mall of the Emirates on Thursday afternoon and had coffee and cake before heading back to our apartment so Mummy could make dinner. Rose and I had lots of fun playing and eating, then playing some more. She eats my toys more than I do! We had an earlyish night on Thursday as Mummy had booked a Friday brunch for us the next day. I love going to brunch in Dubai! We get to eat as much as we want to for 4 hours, yummy! Rose and I ate lots of chips and chicken nuggets, fruit and cakes before Mummy took me over to the creche so I could play with toys, watch films and eat popcorn and candy canes! I had a lot of fun and I'm sure my family did too! Rose and I played back at the apartment for an hour before she had to go back to the hotel. Mummy, Daddy and I were tired too so we went to bed early!

Yummy! 
Keep away from my candy cane Mummy! 
Rosie is such a poser! 
Full of food and time to play!

We went to the beach on Saturday. I love the beach and have a lot of fun flicking sand, smashing sandcastles (I was quickly removed from breaking a big sandcastle I had found by Uncle Christopher, meany!) and running in and out of the sea! The water is really cold now so we don't go in as much as we do in the summer. Rose wasn't very keen on the beach, she didn't like the feel of the sand and I think the waves scared her as they are very loud! She went to sleep on her mummy whilst I ran around and used up all my energy! Mummy did a buffet that night and Rose and I wore our party dresses ready to celebrate the New Year. We were in bed by 9pm though! I was woken up at midnight by very loud bangs and Mummy came to get me. We went out on to the balcony and there were fireworks going off all over the sea. It was incredible, I just kept on saying 'Oh Wow!'. Daddy filmed the displays but you can't see just how amazing it looked. We watched the Sheraton display first as they set theirs off 3 minutes too early! Then the Hilton joined in and shortly afterwards, the Atlantis started their incredible display. I was so happy to have woken up and seen it all with Mummy, Daddy, Auntie Lisa and Uncle Chris. Rosie slept through it all though!

Happy New Year! 

Rosie, Uncle Christopher and Auntie Lisa stayed over that night as there would have been no chance of getting a taxi back to the hotel. Mummy and Daddy arranged for Rosie to spend New Years Day with us so her mummy and daddy could explore Dubai on their own. I loved having Rose to stay again, we had a lot of fun together! Mummy said it gave her a good taste of things to come having a baby and a toddler to look after! I wasn't too keen on Mummy giving Rosie cuddles though, I'll be less keen when it's my sibling. I hope I made enough of a point to her and Daddy! We stayed in and played on Sunday as we were all tired. I was very excited when I woke up in the morning and found Rosie in my parents room. I tickled her a lot and gave her cuddles. She thinks I'm really funny!


On Monday we went to the Dubai Mall so that I could show Rosie the big aquarium. She loved it there too! Auntie Lisa saw people diving in the tank and decided she wanted to have a go too! She booked in for the next day, I thought she was very brave after seeing all the sharks in there! Tuesday afternoon, we went to watch her dive and she got very close to quite a few big scary fish, including sharks! The instructor had told her to keep her hands in tight in case the fish mistook it for food! It did look like lots of fun too. I might have a go when I'm a bit bigger.

Don't worry Rosie, it can't get you through that glass!

We spent the afternoon at Aquaventure yesterday. It's a waterpark at the Atlantis hotel with lots of pools and slides. I had a lot of fun splashing around and swimming in the pool. I even got to go on some water slides in the children's area but it got very busy and the older children were too boisterous. Daddy and Uncle Christopher were first to go off and play on the slides. They went on the biggest slide called Leap of Faith- it is almost a vertical drop. Mummy thought they were nuts and refused to go on it. They also had a go on the rapids and when they finally came back, Mummy and Auntie Lisa ran off and did all of the rides, except the vertical one. It looked like they all had lots of fun!


Daddy had to go into the office today so Mummy and I are planning on going to a soft play area before Rosie comes over this afternoon. We are having dinner at the Dubai Mall so that we can watch the fountains tonight. I love the fountains! Daddy has also booked tickets to go up to the top of the Burj Khalifa. We have been before but not in the night time so we are really looking forward to it. Tomorrow is Rosies last day with us. Daddy and Uncle Christopher are going to Meydan to watch the races and Auntie Lisa is bringing Rosie over to play one last time. I'll be very sad when she has gone but it does mean I don't have to keep sharing my toys. I'm not very good at sharing...

I'll be back to let you all know about our last few days together at the weekend. I hope you are all having a lovely week too.

Lots of love

Tinkerbella xxxx

1 comment:

  1. hi tinker, firstly u look so pretty in ur silver dress! sounds like as always u have been having a wonderful time and even better with visitors! oscar has a virus in his eye but he is ok. he's sleeping currently but sends u big wet kisses. happy new year to you, mommy and daddy. we are off to tumble teds this afternoon, oscar loves it. then im off to the pub tonight with the yummy mummys. oscar went to the winter wonderland at xmas at the snowdome but it was very cold in the snow so he wasnt too sure! he is growing taller im sure and always up to no good! he sings abc and twinkle twinkle all day now. he has just discovered Doodlebops on tinypop channel and loves it! bye for now...be a good girl for mommy...have lots of fun in 2012 xxx

    ReplyDelete