Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Settling in at Nursery

After coming home from Thailand on Saturday Mummy and Daddy kept telling me I would be going to nursery the next day for a while. Mummy talked about it all morning on Sunday and was very excited. It sounded like a lot of fun. She took me into my classroom at 11am and Miss Vicki, who I have met before and is a lovely teacher, came over to take my hand. I wasn't keen on going in and cried a little bit. Mummy left me, I was only supposed to stay an hour, and I became very upset. Most people who know me, know that I am usually very happy to go off without my Mum and am a very independent girl. However, whilst we were in Thailand I was left with some babysitters that I just didn't like. They didn't have any toys to play with and tried making me go to sleep in a cot I didn't recognise. So now, I don't trust people that aren't my parents. I became very upset in nursery and Miss Vicki phoned Daddy to say I should be taken home. Mummy came in a little bit later and I had fallen asleep on Miss Vicki as I was utterly exhausted from screaming. I was very happy to see Mummy and even happier when she took me out of nursery. Needless to say, it didn't go as Mummy had planned and I really didn't enjoy it.

Off to nursery

I was much happier on Monday when Mummy took me to Junior Jingles. I got to see my friends Dhani and Eleanor and sing and dance. After our class, we played in the play area- I kept an eye on my Mummy to make sure she didn't plan to escape! She didn't this time and we went for coffee afterwards. We said bye to Dhani and his mummy and headed home, Eleanor's mummy walked with us as she wanted Nellie to go to sleep. Within 5 minutes both of us had fallen asleep in our pushchairs. We woke up and our Mummies were ordering lunch for us which was lovely! I guess they had enjoyed chatting so much, Mummy had forgotten to go home, typical!  Daddy had to work late on Monday and I was in bed by the time he came home. I don't like Daddy working long hours but at least he is coming home and I see him in the mornings before he as to go to work again. I got used to having Daddy around more when we were in Thailand so miss him lots now when he is at work. I ask Mummy where he is all day long!

Walking home after lunch with Nellie

I woke up on Tuesday and Mummy started talking about nursery again. I chatted back to her about nursery but was also worried that she was planning to leave me there again! At 11am we were back in that classroom. I started to cry until I noticed Mummy was still with me. I sat on her just to make sure she didn't escape! A little girl came over to play with me, she looked scared too. We did some puzzles together and played with some bricks. I found it very funny when my teacher built a tower and knocked it over! I was having a great time until i realised Mummy had disappeared again! I ran over to my teacher and cuddled her. I was very upset again. A little while later Mummy was back and I calmed down. I had some snacks with my new friend and we chatted and played together. I kept checking for Mummy though. Mummy left me again for the last 5 minutes of the session and I really wasn't happy. I worry that she won't come back for me! She did though and we had a nice afternoon cooking and playing together until daddy came home from work.

Today I am off to see my friend Mia for a play date. I haven't seen her for a long time so we have lots of playing to do! Tomorrow I have to spend longer at nursery but Mummy has promised she will be there with me so I don't get too upset. Next week they will make me stay for longer periods until I am happy. Mummy promised that she will always bring me home, I just don't trust her, she can be forgetful! Going to nursery does mean I no longer get to go to my Mini Miracles or Boogie Babies classes which I really miss but Mummy promises that nursery will be so much more fun eventually. We will see... 

No comments:

Post a Comment