Thursday, May 24, 2012

Another Goodbye

When visitors leave, our days seem much quieter. We don't continue do all of the fun touristy things that we do when guests arrive. Maybe that's not such a bad thing though, I guess it could get boring after a while! On Tuesday we went to the Dubai Mall and went up to the top of the Burj Khalifa. It wasn't a very clear day unfortunately so we didn't see much. I still had fun running around though. Mummy doesn't like that they won't let her take the stroller up as it means she can't restrain me. I on the other hand love it! We went to the big aquarium afterwards which is always exciting. Dan thought it was funny that I was more interested in jumping on the grates than looking at the fish, but I have seen them many many times before. We looked around the mall and Souk Bahar before meeting Daddy for dinner at a Lebanese restaurant with a view of the dancing fountains. The restaurant is usually very good, but we had a disappointing  experience there this time.

Yesterday Daddy had to fly to Kuwait but worked form home in the morning so that we could spend some time together. Dan came over in the afternoon and Mummy and I got ready to go out. We went to Souk Madinat in Jumeriah and looked around the many expensive stalls, walked along the water front and had coffee and cake! Whilst wandering around, Mummy heard a familiar voice and looked up to see John Cleese. Silly Mummy thought it was someone she knew rather than a celebrity! Luckily she realised who it was before approaching him and embarrassing us all! We found out that he was entertaining at the Madinat Theatre this weekend.

We went to Al Qasr hotel for dinner. We chose a Thai restaurant that we were taken to by a golf buggy which was lots of fun! I was very excited and wanted to sit up next to the driver but wasn't allowed! Dinner was delicious but the lemon Grass ice cream that I stole from Mummy was definitely the best part! There was a Thai lady dancing around the restaurant to entertain the diners but i was much more interested in my food. We headed home around 9pm and said goodbye to Dan as he had to get to the airport very early this morning. Hopefully Mummy and I will be travelling to Oxford over the summer when we are back so it won't be too long before we see him again. It will be fun being a tourist in Oxford again!

I've just come home from nursery. i had a very busy morning playing, singing, dancing and eating. I'm really tired now so think it s a good idea to go for a nap. Mummy and I are going to see Adriana this afternoon which I am really looking forward to! Daddy will be home after my bedtime tonight so I won't see him until tomorrow morning. I miss my daddy lots when he goes away!

I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine back home.

Lots of love

Ella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment