Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Our long weekend went far too quickly and Daddy had to go back to work today. I treated Daddy to a brunch on Friday afternoon, I think he enjoyed the food. We went with Adriana and her family too so it was even more fun than usual! There was a play area for us but it didn't really have much there and there were so many children that I couldn't get involved in many of the activities so I just jumped up and down some steps. That was great fun! Adriana had her face painted by a clown but I was too busy to sit long enough for mine to be done too. I ate a lot of food and my favourite part was the pudding! Mummy gave me a selection of little cakes which were just delicious! I also got to eat lots of sweets as there was a sweetie table for the children, lots of Daddies were helping themselves though- including mine and Adriana's! We came home around 4pm and all sat on the sofa watching the television as we were too full to do anything else! Mummy and I went to bed early but Daddy stayed up very late to watch the England football match. It didn't kick off until 10:45pm here so I wasn't allowed to watch it.

Mummy & I ready to go!

Enjoying my pudding!

We spent Saturday shopping. Poor Mummy has a big belly now and needed some clothes that fit around it! She took 6 hours and we went to 3 different malls! I was really bored and I think Daddy was a little bit too! Eventually she found some things but I think she was annoyed with the poor selection and the prices over here. She plans to go shopping again when we go back to England in August. I'm not going with her next time! When we got home, Mummy and I were feeling a little poorly so went to bed early. We woke up on Sunday with colds and felt very sorry for ourselves!

We still had to make sure Daddy had a special day though so we baked cakes which Mummy actually let me do most of. I was allowed to pour ingredients into a big bowl and stir them around. My favourite part was eating the mixture! Mummy showed me how to make icing whilst the cakes were baking. It tasted really good! I chose to make them yellow and after putting a big scoop of icing on each cake, Mummy let me shake hundreds and thousands all over them! Mummy didn't let me help her clean up the kitchen afterwards, I had made a great mess for her! I made Daddy a card with my handprints which he loved. Mummy tried to help me make the card but I wanted to do it by myself. I let her write Daddy and help me to colour the letters in though. In nursery I made Daddy a special photo frame which I painted red and covered in pretty sequins. I think he liked it. Mummy also said we should give Daddy chocolates and now I am just waiting for him to open them...

Mmmm Cake!

Today Mummy and I are going to soft play for a couple of hours. I was stuck indoors all day yesterday but as I am feeling a little better today I'd really like to go out. I missed not being in nursery yesterday. I only have this wek and next week left before I break up for summer. I then have 4 weeks at home with Mummy until I start summer camp at my nursery. I had to wait until my birthday to start as I have to be 2. I'll start on my actual birthday too so hoping Mummy will let me take some cakes in for everyone! I can't wait! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Lots of love

Ella xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment