Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ramadan Weekend

Daddy had to go into the office on Thursday but came home in time for us to play before I went to bed. Mummy tells Daddy off when he comes home so close to my bedtime as he chases me around the house and makes me scream! It's so much fun but then I don't want to go to bed afterwards! Thursday was a special night for me, it was the last time I would sleep in my baby cot! My cot turns into a bed but i agreed with Mummy and Daddy that our baby could have the cot from December which meant we had to go and choose a bed for me on Friday. After looking at lots of options, we went to Ikea and I picked out a bed with sheep on the headboard. It's white so that it matches the rest of my furniture.

Shopping on Friday was very strange. On Thursday night, Ramadan was confirmed so lots of people here are fasting whilst the sun is up which means that the cafes and restaurants are now closed during the day. Mummy and I are allowed to eat and drink in public but we are very discreet about it if we must. Mummy is making sure that we eat breakfast and lunch before we go anywhere so that we shouldn't need to eat when we are out. Daddy must not eat or drink in public here, not even when he is in his car! After we bought my bed and Mummy got a new cooking pot- which she gets very excited about, she is strange! We had to buy my birthday presents from my nanny and Auntie Nicola, buy some food at the supermarket and get home in time for the furniture delivery!

After dinner, my parents started assembling my bed when Daddy realised the slats were missing so had to drive back to Ikea! In that time, Mummy and I assembled the bed, stair gate (to trap me in my room at night!) and emptied and loaded the dishwasher- poor Daddy was gone for an hour but at least everything was ready for him when he got home. I was a little scared of my new bed at first. Mummy ut me back to bed 3 times in half an hour, and each time I protested. Eventually I was so tired that I gave up and fell asleep. My second night in my bed went much better. After my bedtime story I just fell asleep but did wake at midnight and got told off for playing with my toys! I do love my new bed though, I feel very grown up.

We went shopping again yesterday as Mummy wanted to buy bedding for my new bed- we were not successful- and she needed more maternity clothes (Mummies belly is getting very big!) We also went to lunch with Mummy and Daddies friends. Their apartment is lots of fun as you can run around in a big circle through the rooms! I played hide and seek with Tyson there which was great fun! Daddy had to fly to Saudi yesterday afternoon so we didn't stay for too long. Mummy and I had to go and do more food shopping after Daddy had left us. She did my favourite dinner- all sorts as my Nanny calls it and then we watched Mickey Mouse before I went to bed.

Mummy took me to the park first thing but the sun is already too hot and the slides burned my bottom! We didn't stay for very long at all. Later this morning I am going to soft play and after my nap, we will go swimming. Daddy is coming home tonight, it's nice when he doesn't have to stay away for too long! Next week I start summer camp (and I turn 2!) which i am really looking forward to. I am only there for 3 weeks and then we fly home! I'm very excited that we will see lots of people so soon. We are all looking forward to some cooler weather too!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekends. Mummy tells me that you should be having some nice weather now at last! I hope it stays like it for us too but I do have wellies just in case!

Lots of love

Ella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment