Follow by Email

Sunday, January 20, 2013


I had a lovely last few days with Nanny and Grandad here. They came back from Doha on the Thursday and we took the metro to the Dubai Mall so we could have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. My silly family ate too much dinner that they didn't have any room for cheesecake! Mummy and I were unimpressed so plan to take my Aunty, Uncle and cousins there next month and make up for it! Nanny, Grandad and I went out on Friday for a walk and stopped for ice cream then spent the rest of the afternoon playing with my toys at home before they had to head back to their hotel and pack.

Playing in the Gold Souk with Nanny

On Friday night, I was allowed to stay up late and even better, go to the airport to pick up my other Nanny. I was so excited when I saw her come through arrivals that I ran and jumped on her! I made her sit in the back of Daddies car with me and play games. It was very late when we got home and I wanted to go straight to bed! We had arranged to meet up with nanny and Grandad on saturday morning before they had to leave for the airport. We all had a lovely long breakfast out on The Walk together but before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye. I was sad that they were leaving but pleased I had Nanny staying for a week to keep me busy!

Mummy and I took Nanny to nursery on the Sunday to show her where I spend my mornings. I was very excited to see my teacher as always and had a lovely time but couldn't wait to get home and see Nanny. Mummy had taken Nanny for breakfast (again) whilst I was in nursery and poor Daddy had to go to work! When they picked me up, we headed out to the mall as I was going to choose some Christmas presents with money family had sent over. I had a guitar from the Early learning Centre, which I love making a racket on! I think Mummy regrets buying it now!

Rocking my Guitar

The rest of the week was mostly spent indoors as the weather became cold and windy here. We spent an afternoon at the Mall of the Emirates and bought Michael some more clothes as he is growing so quickly! We had dinner out together but Daddy missed out again as he had to go to Saudi for work. On Thursday we took Nanny for dinner and spent an evening walking along the Marina and finally on Friday, our last day, we went for a yummy brunch! I was sad when I was told Nanny was also going on an aeroplane on Saturday, I knew that meant she was going to leave us too.

I miss all of my Grandparents and keep asking Mummy and daddy where they are and when we will see them next. It sounds like we won't be going back home to visit until the summer again though. I do however, have Aunty Becci, Uncle Matthew and the boys coming over in less than 3 weeks! I really can't wait and have made lots of plans to make sure we have a fun week together! Mummy is counting down the days!

I have to go to nursery this morning, I hope you are all enjoying the weekend and have had lots of fun in the snow! We went to my friend Eleanor's and had a BBQ last night whilst everyone at home seemed to be building snowmen!

Lots of love,

Ella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment