Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year

I woke up last Saturday morning to find my Grandparents had arrived, I was super excited to see them! They had landed very late so needed to sleep in but once they were up, I had lots of extra Christmas presents to open for Mummy, Daddy, Michael and I. We were very spoiled by my grandparents, aunties, uncles, cousins and friends. I'm surprised Nanny had any room for hers and grandad's clothes after packing so much for us! We had another Christmas dinner- this time Mummy actually cooked!

On Sunday, Michael had to go to hospital with Mummy and Nanny so Grandad and I went for a walk along the marina. We all met up for lunch afterwards and then had to go shopping as Grandad needed shoes! He takes longer than my Mummy to buy shoes... It was boring. Daddy had to go to Abu Dhabi, it was his first full day back at work since Michael was born and we missed him lots.

I went out with my Grandparents on New Years Eve, it was very quiet around our area as I guess people were getting ready for their parties. We were staying in and watching the fireworks from our balcony. Our view over the Palm is brilliant for watching fireworks at the Atlantis hotel. We were also able to see 3 other displays from nearby hotels. I loved it but Michael slept through all of the noise so he missed out! We had arranged to have brunch at Bubbalicious on New Years Day. It was great fun, they had a petting zoo and I picked up a duckling! I spent lots of time on the bouncy castle and ate far too much cake and sweets!

The rest of last week was spent at the beach, playing in the park or shopping (I don't like shopping!) it has been lots of fun! Family friends, Ron and Janis, flew over from Doha at the weekend to spend an evening with my grandparents and we met up for breakfast with them yesterday. I was very happy to get more presents! We had dinner at Nanny and Grandad's apartment yesterday evening and I was so tired when we got home that I slept in until 8am this morning. I think I made Mummy very happy!

I have my grandparents here until Saturday so have lots of plans to keep us busy. My Nanny White arrives Friday evening too! I'm very much looking forward to having her to stay next! Michael is looking forward to meeting our Nanny for the first time too. I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and New Year. I was very sad when our Christmas tree had to be put away on Friday! I ask Mummy where it is every morning hoping she might just put it back up, so far she hasn't budged...

Lots of love,

Ella xx



No comments:

Post a Comment